Thursday 5 August 2010

Day 13: Nantucket, MA


This is the beach at the end of my Uncle's road. It's only really accessible via a couple of wooden staircases down the cliff - all privately owned. The one we used is accessed by wandering across someone's front garden; the people who own the house have invited their neighbours to help themselves. Completely lovely. I know myself well enough to know I'd never be so unselfish.


Today’s statistics:
  • Storms weathered: 1 (but it was a big one)
  • Games of Hide and Seek played: 1 (but it was a good one)
  • Sunsets watched: 1 (but it was a beautiful one)
  • Donuts eaten >1 (no justification needed)
  • Percentage of family paddling in the Atlantic: 100%
  • Breakfast: Canning residence, Tom Nevers, c/o Downyflake Donuts
  • Lunch: Cy's and The Juice Bar, Nantucket
  • Dinner: Canning residence, Tom Nevers
Today’s Discoveries:
  • Sometimes a waffle cone can be a tool, not an extravagance.
  • Always check the obvious hiding spots.
  • No-one really understands the rules about mortgaging in Monopoly (though of course I pretend I do).
  • An outdoor shower can turn a chore into a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment