Thursday 17 March 2011

Return journey


I'm trying to ignore my ENORMOUS frustration at the fact that the internet works JUST FINE for silly blogging, but won't let me send the countless work e-mails that I've spend the last hour writing on my phone. There is a CONSPIRACY, I tell you.

It never really occurred to me that it might not be sunny. I knew it would be cold at night - we're well prepared (we actually had to buy William a new coat last week, as he just hasn't needed them in Houston - ah, well, it will come in handy again when we head back to the UK in June...). But I'd thought we'd have glorious sun and radiant colours during the day. So, try as I might, I'm disappointed that today was a palate of greys. Impressive greys, yes, but not what I'd planned. Turns out even I can't control everything. Though if it's everything apart from the weather and someone else's WiFi network, I guess I should stick.

This place is wonderful. Mike hates it (in a good way, I assure myself), but we'll be back. The boys have made us promise we'll trek to the bottom one day - I randomly suggested that I'll let them do it when they're 10 and 12. I will now spend the next four years in cardio-vascular training.

Actually, with Mike's proclivities taken into account as well, I think we'll raft in along the river. And it will be sunny. And there'll be 3G coverage by then. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment